Meaning of Prashant
Derived from the word "shant" which means quiet, or tranquil.
There are two theories as to the origin of the name. The first is simply that adding "pra" creates a superlative of "shant", so it can be think of as meaning "Great Peace". The other is that it is a combination of two words: "Param" + "Shant" = Prashant.
More about Prashant
- The Pacific Ocean is called the Prashant Mahasagar in Hindi, with the term "Prashant" being used to translate the English word "pacific".
- Prashant Bhargava is an award-winning filmmaker and designer.
- Prashant Damle is a versatile Marathi actor who has acted in numerous Marathi dramas, movies and television serials for over 15 years.
- Prashant Raj Sachdev is a model and actor from Mumbai, who recently landed the role of Raj, originally played by Amitabh Bachchan in Ramesh Sippy's Sholay being remade currently by Ram Gopal Varma as Ram Gopal Varma Ki Aag.
- Prashant Ranyal is an Indian actor who starred in Zee TV's Kasamh Se by Ekta Kapoor.
- Prashant Tamang is a Darjeeling-based Indian singer and winner of Indian Idol season 3.
- Prashant Vaidya is a former Indian cricketer.