Meaning of Aditya
Aditya literally means the sun in Sanskrit. Aditya also means son of Aditi.
Aditya आदित्या is a transcription of the masculine as well as the feminine.
The Adityas are, in Hindu myth, a group of sun gods and the sons of Aditi and Kashyapa. Originally, there were seven or eight of them, but their number was expanded to twelve in the Vedic period. As the twelve sun gods they represent the twelve months of the year. The Adityas protect against various diseases, and belong to the Devas, a generic term for divine beings. They are: Ansa, Aryman, Bhaga, Daksha, Dhatri, Indra, Mitra, Ravi, Savitri, Surya, Varuna, and Yama.
Nakshatra for Aditya
Rashi for Aditya
More about Aditya
- According to the Hindu Mythology, the Sun God has 108 names. Names are contextual references to the God in different times and places. Aditya is one of the 108 names.
- In Hinduism, the Adityas are a group of solar deities, sons of Aditi and Kashyapa.
- "Aaditya" and its modifications like "Vikramaditya","Aditya","Suryaaditya" etc are also common Indian male names, as a mark of respect to the Sun God.
- In the Rigveda, the Adityas are seven deities of the heavens, headed by Varuna, followed by Mitra.
- Aditya (in the Chandogya-Upanisad) is also a name of Visnu, in his Vamana (dwarf) avatara.
- Aditya Vikram Birla, was an Indian industrialist. Born into one of the largest business families of India.
- Aditya Mittal is a Member of the Board of Directors and President and Chief Financial Officer of the world's largest steel firm Arcelor Mittal, which is majority owned by his father Lakshmi Mittal, who was ranked the fourth richest person in the world by Forbes in 2008.
- Aditya Yash Chopra or commonly known as Aditya Chopra is an Indian film director, scriptwriter and producer of the Bollywood genre. He is the son of Yash Chopra and brother of film actor Uday Chopra.
- Aditya Udit Narayan Jha commonly known as Aditya Narayan is a Bollywood actor and singer. He is best known for being the host of Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge 2007 and Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L'il Champs International.